Re: [Fwd: [SLE] the directory "proc"] --Why I use Windows--re Jerry
  • From: Ted Hilts <thilts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:28:08 -0700
Jerry

If it is no longer sold then I suppose there is no restriction in our passing around the executable installation file and the license???

If it is no longer sold then what is stopping us from reverse engineering it???

But I think you will find a vendor on the internet. Search for Hotmetal Pro. When I did this some many months ago I noticed that it was still being sold but apparently not being developed. Also, I think there is a web authoring WYSIWYG on the SuSE 9.1 Pro distribution that seems to have many of HotMetal's attributes (almost a copy in some cases). But I got lost in other issues (I'm dense you know -- according to some) and I've forgotten what I was doing. But I can find my way back to this tool after looking around my KDE installation which I will do for you in the next few days. If you don't hear from me within a week give me a reminder with subject formated as:

"*** [SLE] Hotmetal and Linux equivalent -- Jerry. ***

Thanks -- Ted

Jerry Westrick wrote:

Where can I get a copy of HotMetal...
Does it run under Wine? CrossOver Office? VMware?

Jerry

< Previous Next >