Re: [SLE] Making a LDAP addressbook
  • From: Hans du Plooy <hansdp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:26:22 +0200
On Thursday 10 February 2005 03:40, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> Same here. It has been pending for a long, long time. I got the server
> running, but I defined it badly.

Hi Carlos,
I know the feeling - I've got one running as a test bench - our main office
server, actually. After a few months of running smoothly I risked running
the ldap migrate tools on it, which surprisingly went smoothly, but now the
ldap structure is way overpopulated and it's a bit overwhelming - dunno where
to start...

My biggest obstacle so far is defining the basics. For example, to define the
domain (never mind anything in it or connected to it, just the domain itself)
somehow never quite works.

And the available documentation of ldap is worse than for hylafax. I've read
through so many howtos, but it's still confusing.

The best document I've seen though, is John Terpstra's "Samba By Example"
Which has a nice section about setting up samba with ldap.

--
Kind regards
Hans du Plooy

< Previous Next >