Re: [SLE] Looking for Trunking Capabilities
  • From: Polarizer <Polarizer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:15:07 +0100
Rhugga schrieb:
Does anyone know of any clean, enterprise-quality solutions for trunkning 2 or more interfaces for
performance and availability purposes? I last looked into this about 1 1/2 years ago and at the
time it required a kernel patch. I was hoping SLES 9 and the 2.6 kernel would allow for this w/o
risky kernel patches.
Thx,

I do now this as bonding[1] in Linux. 'Trunking' is SUN's name for it. It's now part of the art in the SuSE linux kernel. There [2] is example
for bonding with mandrake, looks pretty similar to Suse's standards.

[1]http://linux-ip.net/html/ether-bonding.html
[2]http://www.linux-corner.info/bonding.html

Hope that helps

The polarizer