Re: [SLE] Java 1.5 Upgrade on SuSE 9.2 - your expirience and how to?
  • From: Polarizer <Polarizer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:22:39 +0100
George Stoianov schrieb:
Thanks for the reply.

I found in SuSE Help that SuSE is using the jpackage
project to install and maintain java but there are
some compatability issues, as you mentioned
(file:/usr/share/doc/packages/jpackage-utils/README.SUSE).

I then found the Java 1.5 RPM on
http://www.jpackage.org/rpm.php?id=1870. Downloaded it
and selected install with Yast but Yast crashed. Any
ideas?

Why don' you install it manually with rpm -i packagename?

Regarding this tip what is .bashrc is that the file
that sets the params for a bash session? If I change
those it affects the whole system?

Check this file: /etc/profile.d/alljava.sh. Here are the global settings.

Hope that helps

The Polarizer

Polarizers at its best
http://www.glasspolarizers.com