Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.0 OpenOffice.org slowdown in opening files and swap space usage-SOLVED
  • From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:29:33 +0200
Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
I have over the last few days noticed that a particular OOo Spreadsheet(70k) and Writer(1.2Mb) document I work on daily, is opening up slower and slower. Whilst I realize that it may be because I am using an older version (1.1.0) of OOo, it does not seem to explain why it has suddenly got slower over the last week.

The box is a 1Ghz AMD with 256Mb of RAM and a 256MB swap partition.

I have not done any SuSE updates when it started going slow, nor have I done any since.
[snip]
Over the weekend I am going to try and update OOo via Yast to 1.1.3 as that is what I have on the 9.2 CD's? But still why suddenly get slower?
Both files reside on my /home partition and the system on boot hasn't needed to fsck the partition.

With the update to OOo 1.1.3 the situation improved dramatically and within acceptable bounds. I am sure OOo 2 and better will improve the details further.

Hylton Conacher - Linux user # 229959 at http://counter.li.org
Currently using SuSE 9.0 Professional with KDE 3.1