Re: [SLE] Evolution and 9.2 problems
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:11:21 -0500

W.D.McKinney wrote:
| I have been running SuSE 9.2 Professional for a long time but the
| version of Evolution that comes with 9.2 seems broken. I have followed
| the instructions but no spell checker and it frequently locks up polling
| my POP3 accounts. Is anyone else seeing these problems ?

Hi Dee,

I switched from Evolution to Mozilla's mail client after upgrading to
SuSE 9.2. I wasn't happy with the redesigned interface and the
performance wasn't up to par -- this is admittedly a subjective
judgement, so YMMV.

I never had a problem with it locking up, though, and spell-checking
worked straight out of the box. I found and posted a workaround on the
spell-checking issue a while ago. If you fix the locking up issue and
spell-check still doesn't work, you can check it out here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=suse-linux-e&m=110610491706425&w=2

HTH & regards,

- - Carl

- --