Re: [SLE] squirrelmail on suse 9.2
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:21:12 -0500
On Thursday 10 February 2005 10:04 am, Helder Lopes wrote:
> Hi
> I tryied that and had no sucess still get "user not ****"
> I also found this ...
>

> 1) Make up a file: /etc/cram-md5.pwd
>
> that has in it your userids and pswd's:
>
> user1 pswd1
> user2 pswd2
>
> (the passwords do not have to match the actual passwords for these users
> and they are only used by squirrelmail and imap)
>
> 2) in the directory: /srv/www/htdocs/squirrelmail/
>
> run: ./configure
>
> 3) Select option 2, 'Server settings'
> Select option A, 'update IMAP Settings'
>
> 4) Select option 6, 'Authentication type'
> Say 'no' to Auto-detect
> Enter: cram-md5 for the type.
>
> Save and exit.
>
> Also no sucess..

Thanks for feeding back my own instructions... (really)

I have not run squirrelmail on 9.2 yet but I just went through the above
process and you are right, it doesn't work. But I also had to enable the
imap service which was disabled in my xinetd setup. Once that was done I am
now getting a message saying that IMAP didn't start.

So there is more work to do. Will try it later.