Re: [SLE] SaX2 won't accept nVidia clone (dual head) [long]
  • From: Brad Bourn <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:34:38 -0700
The BIOS should be disabling the on-board video. If it is not, I'd first
check for a BIOS update.

Otherwise, you can be seeing errors and reports that aren't what is actually
happening.

If you want dual monitor support, I believe you need the proprietary driver
from nvidia. The easiest way to get that us to use YOU to install the
'fetchnvidia' patch.

This will download the driver and see if that helps you. You will most likely
end up configuring the XF86Config file by hand.

Once you download the patch, you can find out more information (and the
installer itself) in /usr/share/doc/nvidia I believe. The
file /var/log/nvidia-installer(something) file will tell you the exact
location. Then you can read up on the setting for XF86Config file to get
TwinView or whatever you like......

B)