Re: [SLE] Dual-booting...or trying, heh
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:40:20 -0600
Well, I stand corrected. *Almost* no one is interested in fstab when the question is how to configure a system to perform a dual-boot.

Operative word here is "boot" which implies boot loader, not some OS specific file that only enters the picture an eternity later. Wasted keystrokes? What did your fstab contribute to the question of how he is to configure his boot loader? Nada, rien, empty set.

Patronizing? I am never patronizing, hence the smiley -- I simply thought you had missed something significant.Next time I'll not make the mistake of "speaking" to you.

Carl E. Hartung wrote:

Darryl Gregorash wrote:

| Carl,
|
| For dual boot, we are interested only in the contents of lilo.conf (or
| preferably the grub menu.lst :-) ), not of fstab.

You get what you ask for at this shop.

The OP's request was clear and concise: He wanted to see an fstab entry
for a mounted Windows drive so he could mount it and deal with the boot
loader. Did I miss something here?

/*rant ON*/

And why the use of this ridiculous "we" crap, Darryl? Do you believe
that patronizing complete strangers enhances your reputation? Or do you
subconsciously rely on this manipulative technique to bolster a sense of
superiority when, clearly, none is warranted?

My advice? Don't waste the keystrokes next time. You added nothing to
the discussion here and diminished your reputation in the process.

/*rant OFF*/

Have a nice day! :-)

You too.

< Previous Next >