Re: [SLE] loading ACPI modules (ac battery button fan processor thermal ) Starting powersaved done
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:31:40 -0600
devosc wrote:
I can't say that I can previously recall that this appeared in my
previous boot ups.

Did you replace your motherboard? Maybe it wasn't ACPI compatible and the new one is.
Could somone explain what it means.

I'm awaiting a new power supply, but not sure whether the above is
motherboard related ?
Powersaved, the daemon responsible for powersave and suspend, etc., loads these ACPI modules to interact with hardware events on your system. If you haven't changed anything, I wouldn't know why you are only now seeing it (unless you used to boot with acpi=off and now you don't). It is a good thing BTW.
--
Joe Morris
New Tribes Mission