Re: [SLE] kernel update from YaST2 command line
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:51:00 -0500
On Thursday 10 February 2005 03:18 pm, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> I don't have access via the GUI, so I am running yast2 from the
> command line to do updates to a newly installed 9.2 system. It tells
> me to reboot for the new kernel to take affect, but again downloads
> it after rebooting. I do a 'uname -a' before running update again and
> see that I have linux 2.6.8-24.10-smp, but again it wants to
> download.
>
> I know in KDE it will ask to 'Install the Patch'? Is there something
> I need to do at the command line for it to stop updating the kernel?
>
> Thanks,
> --
Robert,
Don't know if this will help or not, but it's worth a try. Sounds as if
the rpm database is not getting updated as far as the version
installed. Usually with the GUI YOU, after installing, it
runs /sbin/SuSEconfig. You can try that after it attempts another
update. That should update the YOU database to show those files last
installed. If that still doesn't seem to take care of your problem,
then run the command: rpm --rebuilddb

That will rebuild the rpm database and may just set things right for
you. As I said, just theories, but simple fixes if one works.

regards,
Lee

Registered Linux User #225206
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being
run by smart people who are putting us on or by
imbeciles who really mean it." ...Mark Twain