Local and remote X login
  • From: Dylan <dylan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 01:11:27 +0000
Hello List,

I've got a machine (audio) which plays media files connected to my
stereo. A second machine (control) is set up using xdmsc to log in to
audio as an X terminal for controlling the media playing software.
control is used when there is no user logged in to another machine, but
on other boxes (for example, scooby) I either use ssh -X ... to run the
media player, or X :2 -query audio vt09& to get a remote login if more
functionality is required.

I would like to get scooby to automatically provide the X terminal
functionality alongside its local login. I have tried changing the line
in inittab to:

9:5:respawn:+/etc/init.d/rx tty9

in the hope that it would do what I want (settings in the XDMSC section
of sysconfig being the same on scooby as on mobile) but I find that the
remote login screen doesn't come up. Is it actually possible to do what
I'm trying?

Dylan
--
"I see your Schwartz is as big as mine"