Re: [SLE] 64 bit flash
  • From: "B. Stia" <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 00:29:46 -0500
On Thursday 10 February 2005 23:47, Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
> B. Stia wrote:
> >Nope didn't reinstall swfdec-moailla because it had "mozilla" in it.
> >Did that a few minutes ago
>
> Did it now not require mozilla?

No does not now require mozilla

> >and found the plugins
> >in /usr/lib64/browser-plugins. From there, I linked them
> >to /opt/Mozilla/Firefox/lib64/plugins. They showed up in that
> >directory.
> >
> >However, I then opened up Firefox and did an about:plugins and they
> > did not show up.
>
> Did you restart Firefox?

Yes, I did, BUT, Whoops !!!! I put the links in backwards :-(
I found this out by looking at the properties. Erased them and linked
them via the " to>from" direction and now the about:plugins in Firefox
shows a flashplayer. Always wondered if a link is directional.

Anyway, no more complaints about flashplayer from the webpages.
Don't all seem to work properly though. Anyway, Thanks for the help.
Another small step in the right direction for 64 bit.

Thanks again

Bob S.