Re: [SLE] Install via FTP SuSe 9.2 Download in Suse 9.1 PRO?
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 00:41:53 -0600
Keith wrote:

If I use the 9.2 FTP install to upgrade SUSE 9.1 PRO will I lose
functionality or other unique benefits?

The current download page says that the ftp version contains:

"- over 3,500 software packages incl. server and developer tools
- the full software packages that are also included in boxed retail version"

which implies there is nothing in 9.2 Pro that requires special licencing and cannot be made available free of charge.

The complere list of packages, sorted by group, is at http://www.novell.com/products/linuxpackages/professional/index_group.html. Check there to see if any packages you are currently using are not included in 9.2, and have no suitable substitute.