Re: [SLE] reiser or ext3
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 04:02:28 -0500
On Friday 11 February 2005 11:42 am, devosc wrote:
> I saw a thread a while back about reiser, and then I also saw a
> comment that ext3 is also a reiser variant, so which one to choose?
>
> I've had a couple of instances where the hd got corrupted and I was
> unable to recover the disk, in both cases reiser was the file sys.
>
> If I now choose ext3, will trying to recovery the disk be any harder,
> easier, or more reliable?
dunno about easier or more reliable there were some issues w/ Reiser on 9.1 ,
however, there is a new version due out soon-ish that is supposed to do
everything but the dishes and floors or windows. To be called IIRC Reiser 4 .
haven't seen any more since the info in one of the Linux-magazines. But it
sounded yummy... faster, cooler, better ... uh no, wait that was the 6
billion dollar Man or Woman, I forget which ;^)
I'm putting on the B-mer Brothers
Would you mind putting on this grass skirt?
You see it's Aloha Friday and I've got me this shirt ( song lyric)