Re: [SLE] Gigabyte 8E Series - half success with Ethernet
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:08:26 +0100
Ronald Wiplinger wrote:

> I am now able to connect with ONE ethernet card, but the second card is
> not recognized. Since I usually use two Ethernet cards, I hope we can
> solve that problem too.

Any chance of taking a look on the motherboard and checking what's written
on the chip itself? Your lspci doesn't help us much further, other than it's
a Marvell chip with device 4362 (by the way, are you sure you got pci.ids
updated correctly? The listing you copied still said "Galileo Technology Ltd."
not "Marvell".

I saw that Marvell had some new chips out with dual-port capability, but they
seem to new to have gone into a Gigabyte design already.

> BTW, do you know how to setup the wireless? I would like to use a
> wireless network for my PDA, ....

http://www.bb-zone.com/misc/rt2500/

Have you asked Giagbyte? The manufacturers are some times remarkably good with
tech support. (I've had *excellent* support from e.g. AOpen and Amigo).

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich

< Previous Next >