Re: [SLE] Dual-booting...or trying, heh
  • From: John B <yonaton@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:30:58 -0600

Okay, I've tried everything suggested, but I constantly get a black screen
informing me that that hdd (hd1) doesn't exist and to press any key to return
to the boot menu. I even changed the boot sequence in the BIOS to be hd1
first and hd0 second, and it still booted to the Linux (hd0) first.
I'll try and re-install W98 with it hooked up as the slave and see if that
makes any difference and let everyone know what happens.
Oh, by the way, changing from LILO to Grub works just fine, no hiccups or
anything, and it even saves the old LILO settings if you want or decide to go
back to it. I thought that was a nice touch. Thanks again for all the help and
suggestions.