Re: [SLE] Tape Drive
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 22:24:04 +0100
David Sexton wrote:

> I am looking for a low cost tape drive. Some thing around 40G -70G and of corse it has to be
> linux compatible. I would like to get a name brand like Hp or Sony? But if any one has one
> they like that is cheeper i am open to that idea. I would also hope the tape media would be
> low cost as well.

Hi David,

low cost can mean a lot of different things to different people. However, for a tape-drive with
40-70G capacity, I think I'd pick a DLT drive. I got 3 new Imation DLT tapes on ebay for about
CHF20 a piece just the other day.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich

--
http://www.spamchek.com/freetrial - sign up for your free 30-day trial now!