Re: [SLE] suser-guru repository
  • From: David Robertson <derobertson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 09:57:05 +0300

David Robertson wrote:
| I know some problems occurred recently with some of the apt repositories
| but I didn't see anything specific about suser-guru: this is the only
| one that I can't seem to get packages from. Apt-get update is fine -
| it's just when I try to download a package, I get a 404 error. Am I
| missing something?
|
| David

Hi David,

Is 'suser-guru' in the correct line in sources.list? I haven't
experienced this problem. Mine is set up for that repository as follows:

rpm ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/ SuSE/9.2-i386 rpmkeys base
update security kde mozilla packman packman-i686 suser-rbos suser-guru

Yes, it is correct, and I can get to the packages I want via ftp: it just won't work with apt. I have been using
http://mirrors.mathematik.uni-bielefeld.de
and have changed to http://ftp.gwdg.de - this works with no problem but I confess that I don't really understand why, when the repository is there via the other mirror!

Anyway - thanks! Problem solved, in any event.

David

--
Registered Linux User No 207521
The Linux Counter: http://counter.li.org/

"The above is my personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect that of the little voices in my head."

< Previous Next >