Re: [SLE] smartd message Solved
  • From: "B. Stia" <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 02:33:13 -0500
On Thursday 10 February 2005 08:29, Jon Nelson wrote:
> Yes, that's all that it is.
> smartd must be configured to send that message, but once it is, every
> time it is restarted it will send it. I would investigate why it is
> restarting twice a day.

Thanks for replying Jon,

Evidently there was a bug in smartmontools which has been recently
fixed. I did the upgrade tonight and we will see what happens. The url
for the fix is here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=157750
This was brought to my attention by a member of the SLUG list. (Suncoast
Linux Users Group - Florida ) I mention this in case other people might
have run up against this strange behavior.