Re: [SLE] Dual-booting...or trying, heh
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 07:53:30 -0500
Darryl Gregorash wrote:

> Win98 can only be installed on the first hard drive.

Win98 can only be installed on C:. If there are no primary partitions on
the first hard drive, then C: cannot be on it, which means if the only
primary is on /dev/hdd, then that's where C: will be, and that's where
doze will install.

With any normal recent BIOS, you can make /dev/hdd, c or b be the first
hard drive, and therefore shield your Linux boot drive from the windoze
install process entirely while putting windoze and C: on the "first" HD.

"Dual booting" is booting two different operating systems from the same
boot partition. Booting more than one OS from more than one boot
partition is "multi-booting" (see below URL).
--
"He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and
whoever lives and believes in me will never die." John 11:25 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/partitioningindex.html