Textpad-like software for Linux
  • From: pelibali <pelibali@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:01:55 +0100
Hi,

I know, that there are dozens of powerful GUI text-editors for Linux,
but until now I was not able to find an editor having the same
additional features as e.g. Textpad for Windows had.

There was a possibility to sort a text (numeric/case sens./case
insens.), and if wished while sorting, even the duplicated lines
could be removed. Still nice feature of Texpad was, how smoothly it
handled replacing of line breaks (\n) and/or tabulators (\t).
I would badly need these features, and maybe another extra-function,
where it was possible to search in files, and list the lines contained
the subject string/expression, or alternatively just count them.

At present I use Kate, combined with command-line tools, which combo
is sometimes not comfortable enough.

Any ideas for such a text-editor, preferably with GUI? Maybe one
coming with SUSE?

Thanks,
Pelibali