Re: [SLE] Dual-booting...or trying, heh
  • From: Jeffrey Laramie <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 17:36:05 -0500

> I am certainly not going to try the scenario you describe here with
> anything already installed on the first drive. win98 is basically not
> much more than an enhancement of 95, which is just Win 3.1 remixed --
> and that makes it nothing more than DOS with a GUI. AFAIK, DOS has never
> been able to mount C: on anything other than what it recognizes as the
> first hard drive, and at the very least that is where it will place its
> MBR. Fortunately, we are not faced with such considerations in this
> particular case. (Referring to your webpage here, I don't recall any
> OS/2 LVM capability, up to and including Warp4 FP13, which is when I
> switched to SuSE. Did I miss something in all those fixpacks? Or even
> earlier?

I don't recall LVM ever being on Warp 4 either. I used it on the last version
on Warp Server that I had before moving to RH 6.2 (I had to hack the
installation disks for Warp Server with files from Warp 4 to get it to
install after IBM insisted that not installing wasn't a bug and that I had to
purchase a service contract if I wanted them to tell me how to install it).

Jeff

< Previous Next >