Re: [SLE] Dual-booting...or trying, heh
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:02:29 -0500
Randall R Schulz wrote:

> On Saturday 12 February 2005 16:06, Felix Miata wrote:

> > Great DOS apps are why I still run OS/2 24/7. Mebbe someday I can
> > figure out how to make them work as well on Linux. (without
> > installing OS/2 in a VM. ;-) )

> I'm intrigued by the notion that there are DOS applications that are
> still relevant (let alone "great") today. Could you list them?

Words and numbers need no GUI, and proportional fonts really get in the
way in a spreadsheet. So,

Paradox for DOS
Quattro Pro for DOS

functioning as an integrated set. I still like WordPerfect for DOS too.
There's really no substitute for visible codes.

OTOH, printing from GUI to dot matrix is always dismal. Printed words
and numbers don't need a GUI either. My Citizen GSX-140+ printer is 15
years old, and too good to retire any time soon. Nobody makes anything
designed to last so long any more anyway.
--
"He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and
whoever lives and believes in me will never die." John 11:25 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/

< Previous Next >