Re-Install Question 2
  • From: David Johanson <dcjohan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:27:06 -0500
Well, while trying to make the system run more "smoothly", I elected to set log-in to auto, no password since it's a stand along system and I'm the inly user. Since I have other boxes set up in the same manner for the same reason, this seemed like a reasonable approach.

But . . . having done so, the box now boots to splash screen and then, just at the point that the log-in dialog box would present, the boot-up process stops. Cursor "X" is visible and movable by the mouse, but nothing else. Just the splash scree and the "X". Nothing further; have to use the old <ctrl> <alt> <F#> to get to a text screen and perform the shut down.

What do I need to do the regain control?

dave
--
David C. Johanson
Linux Counter # 116410