Re: [SLE] Dual-booting...or trying, heh
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:27:24 -0800
Felix,

On Saturday 12 February 2005 18:02, Felix Miata wrote:
> Randall R Schulz wrote:
> > On Saturday 12 February 2005 16:06, Felix Miata wrote:
> > > Great DOS apps are why I still run OS/2 24/7. Mebbe someday I can
> > > figure out how to make them work as well on Linux. (without
> > > installing OS/2 in a VM. ;-) )
> >
> > I'm intrigued by the notion that there are DOS applications that
> > are still relevant (let alone "great") today. Could you list them?
>
> Words and numbers need no GUI, and proportional fonts really get in
> the way in a spreadsheet. So,

GUI spreadsheets give you font control, you know. You're by no means
forced to use proportionally spaced fonts. On the other hand, under a
character matrix UI you do not have the option of proportional fonts.

Face it: What you're really fond of is what you're familiar with using.
I strongly doubt there are any DOS applications with true superiority
to applications available as native Linux apps.

RRS

< Previous Next >