Re: [SLE] root halt message during DVD writing
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 00:37:47 -0500

Luca wrote:

|> Not yet .. I have first tried to burn a CD and everything works fine ...

Hi again, Luca:

Have you had a chance to peek at /var/log/messages yet?

I really think this is the best place to start, given your answers to my
earlier questions. Another avenue to investigate is the amount of RAM
you have installed (did you post this already?) and how much disk space
is available and being allocated to your burner application?

Have you enabled cleaning out /tmp and /var/tmp each time you boot the
system? What are the results of "df" in a terminal?

- - Carl

- --

- --