Re: [SLE] SOX error in 9.2
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:50:13 -0500

Dylan wrote:
<snip>
| music@audio:> sox -v 1.5 "Communards [01] - Don't Leave Me This Way.wav"
| adj.wav
| *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption: 0xbffff6dd ***
| Does anyone have any ideas about this at all?

Hi Dylan,

~From the brief googling I just did, it seems that newer versions of
glibc are performing "additional internal sanity checks to prevent and
detect data corruption as early as possible" -- which apparently renders
it less tolerant of some of the more common programming errors (i.e.
"off by one" byte calculations.) You can verify your sox version is
correct (not a holdover) and/or write the maintainer to see if it really
needs fixing or even dig a little deeper with google in case I've missed
or misinterpreted something.

But I think it's safe to say you haven't suddenly started doing
something wrong that is causing this error. I don't know about you, but
I always feel better when I hear that! ;-)

regards,

- - Carl

- --