RE: [SLE] insserv broken?
  • From: "Anders Norrbring" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:29:19 +0100

# * When specifying hard dependencies or ordering requirements, you can
# use names of services (contents of their Provides: section)
# or pseudo names starting with a $. The following ones are available
# according to LSB (1.1):
# $local_fs all local file systems are mounted
# (most services should need this!)
# $remote_fs all remote file systems are mounted
# (note that /usr may be remote, so
# many services should Require this!)
# $syslog system logging facility up
# $network low level networking (eth card, ...)
# $named hostname resolution available
# $netdaemons all network daemons are running
# The $netdaemons pseudo service has been removed in LSB 1.2.
# For now, we still offer it for backward compatibility.
# These are new (LSB 1.2):
# $time the system time has been set correctly
# $portmap SunRPC portmapping service available
# UnitedLinux extensions:
# $ALL indicates that a script should be inserted
# at the end

Apparently I overlooked that $ALL is a UnitedLinux extension, nevertheless I
think it's kind of confusing to put it in the skeleton file for a non-UL
distribution.

My mistake..
Anders.