Re: [SLE] find command
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:08:13 -0800
John,

On Sunday 13 February 2005 13:53, John Sowden wrote:
> On Sunday 13 February 2005 07:07, Jim Sabatke wrote:
> > James Knott wrote:
> > >
> > > You have to install the findutils-locate package.
> >
> > And run updatedb (as root) before running it. Good idea to put
> > updatedb in cron to run in off hours.
> >
> > Jim
>
> Thanks all for the find/locate help. I found locate (as was advised,
> it was under a different name), and ran updatedb as root, not user.
> I didn't see this reference in the man page.

If you installed the SuSE distribution's findutils-locate package, then
the cron job should have been created for you. Make sure your system is
running at 4:00 am or that you modify the cron job to run at a time
when your system _is_ up.

Alternately, you can remove the cron job and handle running updatedb
manually.

> Thanks again,
> John

Randall Schulz