Re: [SLE] Accessing a drive moved from an otehr PC
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 19:06:27 -0500

Sandor Laza wrote:
<snip>
| But when I try to mount it, the whole system slows down, the mount
command not
| responding anymore and can't even be killed. (killall mount, kill -9
xxx has
| no effect.)
| Can anyone has any idea what's going on?

Hi Sandor,

The first guess off the top of my head is that you're confusing the
kernel. Is it somehow seeing two /'s... two /home's etc.? Try mounting
it off a subdirectory instead (/mnt comes to mind) and see if that works.

If the first idea doesn't work, then make it the sole drive in the
system, boot into rescue mode using the CD or floppies and check whether
or not the file system has been corrupted or otherwise damaged. Maybe
something happened to it when the system it lived in failed.

regards

- - Carl

- --