Latest Perl update from susewatcher broke SpamAssassin
  • From: David Kramer <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 19:55:25 -0500
On 02/11, susewatcher installed perl 5.8.1-51. After that, spamassassin started producing errors like "Deep recursion on subroutine "DB_File::AUTOLOAD"" and "Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.1/i586-linux-thread-multi/DB_File.pm line 270, <GEN25> line 2."

I tried upgrading to the most recent SpamAssassin, but still got that message.

I finally found some help pages that clearly tied it to a problem with Perl, or at least version incompatibilities with Perl, and DB_File.
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DeepRecursionInDbFile
http://brneurosci.org/linuxsetup49.html

I ended up installing Perl 5.8.1-51 from rpm.pbone.net, but would love to reinstall the newer version if I knew how to actually fix the problem.

Has anyone else seen this, or have a clue how to fix it? Should I reinstall the latest Perl, then re-install DB_File from CPAN?

Thanks in advance.

DDDD David Kramer Partner, Agile Rules http://www.agilerules.com
DK KD 162 Marett Road Lexington, MA 02421 davidk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
DKK D
DK KD Specializing in coaching and development in Agile/XP practices
DDDD and embedded software development