Re: [SLE] Which start-up script?
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:11:26 -0500
Chris Kwasneski wrote:
Anders Norrbring wrote:

I want to run a script AFTER the system has been set up. That is, after all
inet.d scripts has been run.

If I use boot.local, it's run first of all, but how do I run commands as the
very last things?

What about adding it to /etc/init.d/rcX.d/ scripts? Try man init.d

The scripts go in /etc/init.d. All that's in the rcX.d's are links back to init.d, with Sxx or Kxx added, to determine execution order. So in rc3.d, he might have S99myscript and K00myscript, to start his app last on boot up and kill it first on shut down. Both would be symlinks to init.d/myscript, which should be properly set up for start, stop and restart, if needed.

< Previous Next >