Re: [SLE] Adding partitions
  • From: Stan Glasoe <SRGlasoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:01:52 -0600
On Sunday 13 February 2005 1:03 pm, Philip Washington wrote:
> Thanks for the help, all. Just a bit of clarification, the users do
> have root access to their systems, they just are not familiar with
> working with linux.
>
> Thanks again,
> Philip

Phillip,

Re-think giving users root access to their machines especially if they are not
that familiar with Linux/Unix/*nix. If they only have user access then they
only mess-up that user and not the whole machine. Don't know your environment
and your's and your user's experience but I speak from personal experience
here... IF (big if) they are coming from a Windows environment now would be
the time to get them used to NOT being root/admin.

FYI and YMMV,
Stan

< Previous Next >