Re: [SLE] 9.2 Re-Install Question 1
  • From: David Johanson <dcjohan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:37:58 -0500

Stan Glasoe wrote:
On Saturday 12 February 2005 5:18 pm, David Johanson wrote:

Clicking on the media folder in Konqueror takes between 20 and 25 seconds
to open, all the while the system is frozen. Once the display shows all the
icons for the various devices, clicking on one of those requires
approximately 20 seconds to view. Again, in the interim, the system is
frozen.

<snip>

I am curious to know if anyone can explain the behavior I'm experiencing.
The delays were present on the original install, but these new drives were
not. I would really like to get the zippy behavior of my 9.0 box on this
9.2 box. And I am fully confused as to from where these other "devices" are
being found.

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

dave

Did you ever get a response on this?

This drove me nuts for quite a while too. I have since changed my CD-RW and floppy drives back to not using subfs. Leaving my DVD read-only drive on subfs works just fine.
There is http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2004/05/hmeyer_91_revert_from_subfs.html
which will guide you through this.

Stan

Hi Stan -
Nope, not a word! Just what you have provided, thank you. Interestingly, on other 2.6 kernels I have installed, NOT from SuSE, this is NOT a problem; makes one wonder.

dave
--
David C. Johanson
Linux Counter # 116410