bad memory
  • From: Alex Angerhofer <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:28:09 -0500 (EST)
Dear List,

I just found out that I have a hole in one of my memory sticks. The system
works but is flaky. I am trying to get a replacement under warranty from
Kingston. In the meantime it would be great if I could keep my box running
without the associated flakiness. Running with only half the memory is
almost not an option as I am relying on vmware a lot. Does SuSE come with
any bad memory utilities, like badmem or such? If not, has anybody on the
list had experience with badmem (http://sourceforge.net/projects/badmem )
that they would like to share? The project appears to be languishing a
bit, but perhaps it will work just fine as is?

Best regards, Alex.

< Previous Next >