RE: [SLE] Before I do this, is there annything I should be forewarned about?
  • From: "Chris" <meliore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 07:01:15 +1100

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Beasley [mailto:beesknees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, 16 February 2005 7:20 AM
To: SUSE LINUX ONLINE
Subject: [SLE] Before I do this, is there annything I should be forewarned about?

Hi all,

Hopefully, in the next couple of days I will have the opportunity to upgrade my system from 9.0 Pro to 9.2 Pro. Are there any concerns that I should be aware of in carrying out this objective? I have been using SuSE since 6.4 days and this will be my first experience with the "Update Version". In the past, I've always bought the full version and have not experienced any difficulty since the 7.2 install. Thanks in advance.

Still keeping the faith,

Tom, in usually sunny, balmy Florida's First Coast.
--

Thomas E. Beasley, Jr.- Registered Penguinista # T308709 http://counter.li.org , Using Free Software since SuSE Linux 6.4. Currently
using SuSE Linux 9.0 Pro and enjoying the Penguin

Hi Tom,
Taking it from the view, it seems, of a few on the list; the "update" is actually a full version minus a few manuals etc. I used an "update" version of 9.2 to do a new install and had no problems. I would not recommend an udate install, as it seems to be capable of causing problems. So to clarify; use your update edition to do a new install and you should have no problems (thats is should :)).
Chris