Re: [SLE] Evolution 2.01 and Suse 9.2
  • From: Art Fore <art.fore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:28:49 -0800
I installed both OOo and Evolution on the initial installation of SuSE 9.2

Art

Roger Beever wrote:
On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 20:11 -0800, Art Fore wrote:

Using Evolution, with an email with an attached .zip or .doc, or .xls,
you could used to be able to open this in OOo or whatever. Now it only
gives the option to save. Is this a new feature or is there a setting
somewhere to enable opening an attaachment. Seached through the settings
but could find nothing, though it may be hiding under an assumed named.

Thanks

Art

Not a complete answer but I had a .doc file attached the other day
and was given the "save as "and "open in oOo" options.
It answers the is the option still available you just need the how for
someone else.
I can't remember if I installed Evolution in the first pass or after the
upgrade but have a feeling I did it second go so it might have detected
oOo which would already have been installed as part of the initial
install.
Regards Roger