Re: [SLE] Problems with Suse
  • From: Berni Elbourn <berni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:28:36 +0000
Check /var/log/messages for clues?

Anyway it sounds like hardware. Pop the lid off and reseat all connections. Next try one at a time running it under load for a day each time: Moving the PCI cards around different slots. Change out the video card. Check the BIOS date and upgrade. Try turning off BIOS power saving features. Check BIOS date and upgrade. Change power supply and lastly replace the motherboard.

Berni

PS: Alternatively, can you put the disk into another PC?

Vladimir Potapov wrote:
I've installed Suse-9.1 on following PC - MB ABIT-SL30T(Intel 815)/P-III 933
Mhz/ 256 Mb Ram / HDD 80 Gb+HDD 120Gb/ Nic 3C905.
After install I've updated all packages and kernel with Yast.
This PC work as FTP-server(Vsftpd). When peoples downloading files from
that(10 Mbit Network) server(CPU load about 15%, Free mem about 4Mbyte) it
freeze. Sometimes it freeze after 2 hour, sometimes after 20 hour's. When it
freeze, after ~10 min it automatically rebooted. In log's I see nothing.
This results(except reboot) was when PC works under Win2000(SP4).
After 12 hour's(25 test's) testing with Memtest86, it gives 0 error(memory
is OK). HDD work fine at all. May be motherboard unstable...
I've search on google and on Suse mailing lists, but it give no result.
Is this Suse bug or unstable hardware?