Re: [SLE] Textpad-like software for Linux
  • From: pelibali <pelibali@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:04:38 +0100
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:19:29 -0800
Randall R Schulz <.> wrote:

> Pelibali,
>
> On Tuesday 15 February 2005 10:21, pelibali wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:57:00 -0600
> >
> > . wrote:
> > > But I _always_ recommend jEdit (www.jedit.org). Great editor,
> > > tons of plugins to make it do just about anything you want,
> > > great feature set. I'm not kidding, I'm not exgerrating, jEdit
> > > has changed by coding life(for the better!) !!
> > >
> > > tdaniel
>
> Amen, brother!!

Hi Randall,

Thanks, having a quite limited time during writing up my PhD, simply
overlooked, and downloaded the wrong version of the TextTools plugin:(
It was too new for the jedit coming with my SUSE, and had also
problems with that, where I should put it...

I solved both problems, have the correct version of the .jar file
in the right folder. So in fact the plugin works now; and found the
'sort'-related commands as well:)
Hope, that after I gave the thesis for my prof., will have more time
to check the software, and also it's help/documentation.

Thank you all to push me into the right direction; probably jedit can
be my default editor of choice as well;)

Pelibali

Ps. I will give a try to Komodo as well; thanks for that tip for
devosc!

< Previous Next >