Re: [SLE] Remastering : web page on boot
  • From: David Robertson <derobertson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:00:04 +0300
Laurent Renard wrote:
Mike McMullin wrote:

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 07:59, Laurent Renard wrote:

Mike McMullin wrote:

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 02:08, Laurent Renard wrote:

Hello everyone,

could you help me ?
I'm trying to make my own resmastering of Suse 9.2.
But ... how could i open up a given webpage automatically on boot ?

Thanks for all ;)
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for. KDE has an
autostart (~/.kde/Autostart/) folder that you can use for scripts and
such. You could create an entry to load the desired browser with the
URL as an argument passed to it on loading or have the page set up as
default home and load the browser with it starting at the home page.

Thanx Mike ;)
But i'd rather prefer gnome.
Is there's a same system for gnome ?

I'm not sure how to do it in gnome.

System > Control Centre > System > Sessions (for 9.2 anyway)

In Start up programs enter, for example, "firefox http://www.mysite.com";

David

--
Registered Linux User No 207521
The Linux Counter: http://counter.li.org/

"The above is my personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect that of the little voices in my head."