Re: [SLE] Yast online update
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:46:46 -0500
On Thursday 17 February 2005 2:12 pm, Joe Zitnik wrote:
> I'm trying to run Yast Online Update, and every time I do, it tells me
> it can't download the list of servers. I take the url it lists in the
> error, and put it in a browser and it gets the list fine. I can get
> anywhere on the internet from a browser, but it's like yast doesn't know
> how to get out on the internet. It tells me to check my network
> connection. I have even FTPd to one of the servers from the console
> prompt just to test. If I enter a server in to the list manually, it
> tells me it can't cd in to i386. Once again, I go to a browser and get
> there fine. Can anyone help before I beat this server to death with a
> hammer?
I have a hammer called the Bug Smasher on my desk for those occasions :-)

Do you happen to be behind a firewall. You may need to set up a proxy server
in YaST. YaST/System/Sysconfig editor/Network/Proxy. Then set the
appropriate values.

If you already know one of the servers, you can turn this off in the
Sysconfig Editor under System/Online Update.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group