Re: [SLE] Mozilla thunderbird
  • From: "Theo v. Werkhoven" <twe-suse.e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 00:01:30 +0100
Wed, 16 Feb 2005, by ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx:

> * Andreas Philipp <andreas.philipp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [02-16-05 16:19]:
> > El Mié 16 Feb 2005 14:54, Patrick Shanahan escribió:
> > > Not following this procedure destroys the 'message threading' for those
> > > email clients having that capability.
> >
> > That's interesting, as under my KMail the OP's message appeared as
> > firts of a new thread. Didn't notice any thread highjacking, although
> > the references to another thread's messages are appearant in its
> > headers.
>
> You will not see the other messages from the thread if you have already
> deleted them. The new post would *then* appear as a *new* thread.

Not in Mutt you wouldn't.
You'd see an arrow before the subject in the index, telling you
something's fishy.

It totally amazes me why people find this reply/delete stuff/add
stuff easier then just put the list-address in the addressbook and
use that for a new post.
But then, I see people do a lot of whacky things (mostly involving
their beloved CTS tool, aka mouse) that takes 'm double the time
that I need.

Theo
--
Theo v. Werkhoven Registered Linux user# 99872 http://counter.li.org
ICBM 52 13 26N , 4 29 47E. + ICQ: 277217131