Re: [SLE] Info vs. Man -- Konqueror to the Rescue!
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:28:13 +0100 (CET)

The Wednesday 2005-02-16 at 13:14 +1100, Michael James wrote:

> Yes, but TIMTOWTDI (There is more than one way to do it)
> The standard Susehelp system comes with a serverside
> info to HTML translator, making info files browseable.
>
> If you have your default suse apache setup
> just browse to:
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/info2html
>
> for a complete linked list of info pages.

There is also another:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/man2html

but it doesn't work (suse 9.1):

Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your
request.

Error message:
Premature end of script headers: man2html

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 500
localhost
Thu Feb 17 21:35:00 2005
Apache/2.0.49 (Linux/SuSE)

This is suse 9.1, but I think it didn't work in 8.2 neither.

> PS: I found this out the long way round.

Time ago, there was a direct link to this in the suse sample page for
apache.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson