Re: [SLE] Re: 9.2 scsi install: sym53c8xx: Unknown parameter `mpar'
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:42:50 -0500

Jim Osborn wrote:
> How can I give the scsi driver some parameters?

Hi Jim,

Just a note to check in and let you know I haven't forgotten about this
thread. I just haven't had a lot of time to sit down and go through the
documentation. I did notice this subtle warning near the start:

4. Memory mapped I/O versus normal I/O

Memory mapped I/O has less latency than normal I/O and is the recommended
way for doing IO with PCI devices. Memory mapped I/O seems to work fine on
most hardware configurations, but some poorly designed chipsets may break
this feature. A configuration option is provided for normal I/O to be
used but the driver defaults to MMIO.

Have you investigated this and what have you tried, if anything, to
eliminate it as a possibility?

- - Carl

- --