Re: [SLE] Firefox install on suse 8.2
  • From: Andreas Philipp <andreas.philipp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:50:15 -0500
Jim,

El Jue 17 Feb 2005 22:38, Jim Flanagan escribió:
> Is it best to install the suse firefox src rpm, or to install the firefox
> script? If the latter, which directory is recommended for all users to
> share the install?

I am still happy with my old 8.2 as well. As to Firefox, I downloaded the tar
ball from the Mozilla site and installed it to /opt/firefox1.0.

On every user's session's desktop (in my case, wife and kids), I created a
shortcut pointing to /opt/firefox1.0/firefox. Nothing more to do here, it's
working just fine.

Regards,
--
Andreas Philipp