Re: [SLE] Update via yast
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 00:41:58 -0500

Marc Collin wrote:
>> You're running a YOU-updated kernel. My understanding is that it
>> defaults to installing the source.
>>
>> Have you checked /usr/src/linux-2.6.8-24.11 ?
>>
>> - Carl
>
> ya i checked in this folder.... i can get it from there.... but why yast
> online update don't give me the choice to download kernel source 2.6.8-24.11?

The reason it doesn't show up in YOU as an available update is because
the package has already been installed. You can install it again by
checking the "reload all patches from server" box before clicking
"Next." It will download information on all the available patches for
9.2 again. Select the kernel source for 2.6.8-24.11 and click "Accept."
YOU will download and install it again in the same place. Is that what
you're after or am I misunderstanding your question?

- - Carl

- --