Re: [SLE] cups printer prints only one page
  • From: Wybo Dekker <wybo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:47:42 +0100 (CET)
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> * Wybo Dekker <wybo@xxxxxxxxxxx> [02-17-05 17:51]:
> > My Laserjet-5mp, installed with Cups in SuSE-9.2, persists in printing
> > only one page of multipage documents.
> >
> > When I cat a multipage ps file straight to /dev/lp0 it prints without
> > problems, but when I send it with lpr only the first page is printed.
> >
> > Is there a known problem with cups filtering?
>
> More usually the problem is user related.

You're quite right :-((

> What is the output of
> 'lpoptions' and of 'lpq' from the command line?

Here's the requested output, plus the config file:

wybo>lpoptions
job-sheets=none,none
wybo>lpq
hplaserjet5mp is ready
no entries
wybo>sudo cat /etc/cups/printers.conf
# Printer configuration file for CUPS v1.1.21
# Written by cupsd on Thu Feb 17 23:34:00 2005
<DefaultPrinter hplaserjet5mp>
Info Hewlett-Packard HP LaserJet 5MP
Location Parallel printer on /dev/lp0
DeviceURI parallel:/dev/lp0