TV card (Conexant CX2388x chipset) and sound in SUSE 9.2
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 02:06:48 +1100
I have the Leadtek DV2000 TV card with the above chipset. I finally got it to work under v9.2 (Hurrah!), using TV TIME, and get a good picture -- but I have no sound :-(.

I've played around with the sound settings in the sound mixers for Alsa sound and Kmix without success.

I get perfect sound when I play a music CD (but yet to try a DVD because of the stoooopid way SUSE ships with the broken XINE and the other video player).

Can anyone please suggest a solution as to why I cannot get sound with the TV card?

Cheers.

--
"The absence of alternatives clears the mind marvellously."

< Previous Next >