Re: [SLE] cups printer prints only one page
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:49:54 -0500
* Wybo Dekker <wybo@xxxxxxxxxxx> [02-18-05 17:42]:
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > I see nothing wrong here. When you print via cups, what interface
> > are you using, kprinter, xpp, ....?
>
> just lpr...

Duh, excuse me. I just re-read your original post and, IIANM, you
stated that you sent output via cat to /dev/lp0 and to lpr. You sent
one stream directly to the printer/printer-port without benefit of
cups or any filters and the other, which you say printed correctly,
to the printer, lpr, via your installed interface, cups.

What you sent to /dev/lp0 would have printed as the printer
interpreted it as RAW material. CUPS had nothing to do with it.

Does this satisfy your query?
HOG # US1244711 Photo Album: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery